Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Moderation is the Key

I hate that word, moderation. I don't want to be moderate. My natural inclination is to run into all things feet first. I hate taking the slow and methodical way, i hate doing things in stages. i also do not want to learn things in stages. I want to know it already. Take knitting. It is not fair that i am so far behind in the grand process of how to do things. I want to make things, i want to make beautiful things. I want patterns to make sense. Take food. I want to eat chocolate all day long. I want to drink wine and salty peanuts. I don't want to choose the low fat cheese. Now, i do not want fattening chicken or beef, or a hamburger patty, but i want to eat the equivalent of a Big Mac! I want the biggee fries. I especially would like to get a large size iced latte instead of the puny medium. I want to be able to work out in the gym for hours on end. I want to be able to do an entire weeks worth of work in one day, then be off for the rest of the week. Having sex all day long with my honey and not needing rest, would be awesome. Saving the world and doing tons and tons of volunteer work would really be sweet. Can you imagine not having to say no to your friends and family? What about having your cake and eating it too? I could be super mom, super wife, super employee, super daughter , super best friend, super wife. I could cook all i want, shop all i want, do all the crafts i desire, i would sew my own clothes, bake bread every day, have a clean clean house, fit into size 2 clothes, perfect hair and make up, perfect legs. Wow, i could talk on my phone or text or pix msg all day long. I guess i could do all those things, or try, but what ireally need is more hours in the day. Then i could do what i wanted all the time. I could probably find the time, if i didnt need sleep, or showers or other personal needs. I guess i am not willing to give up sleep. Oh well, i wanted to get yarn for knitting and i never made it to the store, i wanted to work out but forgot to pack my clothes and sneakers. i wanted to eat hot food at lunch but didnt pack it, so i ate a salad. I also passed over the stinking candy bar at the check out line at the grocery store! How is that for willpower. But i did buy the bag of tvp to try and make veggie burgers later this week. I made polenta for dinner and added some low fat cheese and i thought it was awesome. I guess moderation has a point, it keeps us healthy and all that stuff. but i wish we didn't have to moderate to be healthy. I wish i had the knees for total all out activity. I want so badly to take the spin class at the gym, but i cannot even do five minutes on the bike now. Oh well, life is what it is. I jsut have to live with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment